Charged by firing for 2.5 seconds and when released, creates a black ring around Isaac that rapidly deals damage. +1 damage, the ring can cause enemies to drop Black Hearts.
"Consume thy enemy!"
- After firing tears for 2.5 seconds, releasing the fire button unleashes a black Brimstone ring around Isaac that expands and contracts, dealing damage at a rapid rate to all enemies touching it.
- The charge is completed when a red upside-down cross appears on Isaac's forehead.
- With charge bars enabled, there is also an indicator that displays the charge.
- The black ring deals damage equal to Isaac's current damage per tick, and ticks a total of 30 times.
- Black Hearts will drop as soon as the enemy is killed. (In other words, the heart will drop at the beginning of the death animation rather than at the end of the death animation.)
- Maw of the void does not drop black hearts in Repentance
- This item belongs to the Leviathan set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Leviathan.
- Ipecac - Massively increases ring damage and poisons enemies.
The ring also explodes on enemy or obstacle contact.
- Lost Contact - Ring can destroy projectiles.
- Proptosis - The ring is much larger and deals 1.5x damage per tick.
The ring deals normal damage.
The ring is now normal size.
- Strange Attractor - Ring attracts pickups and enemies towards it.
- Wiggle Worm - The ring has wavy edges.
- Jacob's Ladder - The ring sends out electric currents when it hits something.
- Devil Room
- Devil Room (Greed Mode)